Joe Daniher says the Bombers are getting on with the business of preparing for the 2016 AFL season despite the events of the last month.
The 21 year old is undertaking his fourth AFL pre-season and will form a key pillar of the Dons attack this season.
He said the playing group took some time to get their heads around the ramifications of the Court of Arbitration for Sport decision, but now the focus was firmly on the start of the season.
“It has really been business as usual,” Daniher told Sportsday.
“It took a few days for us to deal with the shock of the situation.
“There is no other way to deal with it but to get out on the park and keep trying to improve because the game stops for no one.
“We’ve got a job to do for the footy club and a job to do for the guys that aren’t there.”
Daniher kicked 34 goals last year, his best return in a single season.
He could be joined in attack in 2016 by some of the Club’s latest recruits.
“We’ve been really lucky to get eight players sign up and eight quality players who have some really good experience and success at other clubs,” he said.
“I never thought I’d get the chance to play with guys like James Kelly, Ryan Crowley and Mathew Stokes.
“It has been interesting getting to know them… it’s probably been two or three weeks now where we’ve been training together.
“We’re slowly working on our game – in the NAB Cup we can fine tune a few things and work on it from there.”
The Bombers open their NAB Challenge campaign on Sunday February 28 against Carlton at Ikon Park.