Sitting behind the goals at Essendon games, the Bomber Squad is made up of the club’s most dedicated members, going above and beyond to support the team.
The Bomber Squad is an active membership - members are expected to attend games, participate in the waving of flags and attend banner-making.
To become a Bomber Squad member, call the membership department on (03) 8340 2000 to be placed on the waitlist. To be placed on and remain on the waitlist, you must be a financial Essendon member for that season.
Banner-making is usually held on a Friday night for Saturday and Sunday games or Wednesday night for Friday night games. The club needs to have a valid Working with Children Check on file for Bomber Squad members wishing to attend banner-making.
Address: Doutta Galla Youth Hall, Cnr Kerferd St and McCulloch St, Essendon North, VIC 3040
Bomber Squad entitlements and benefits
Bomber Squad membership is non-transferable. This includes, but is not limited to, access to matches, ticketing and banner-making.
Bomber Squad membership renewal
Each member will be required to attend at least 11 games throughout the home and away season to be eligible to renew their Bomber Squad membership for the following season. Those who do not meet this criteria risk having their Bomber Squad eligibility denied for the following season.
Access to home and away season matches
Bomber Squad members are eligible to sit in the Bomber Squad area for all home and away games in Melbourne by scanning their member card at the gate. The process for obtaining access to Anzac Day and interstate games will be communicated by email and the Bomber Squad Facebook group prior to the game. Additional costs will be incurred for Anzac Day and interstate matches.
Finals ticketing – Weeks 1-3
All Bomber Squad members will have access to tickets in the Bomber Squad bay through the club at an additional cost to their membership. If the number of tickets requests exceeds the number of tickets available, preference will be given to members who attended the most games.
Grand Final ticketing
Bomber Squad members hold a Flexi Home and Away membership. This provides Priority 3 access to a Grand Final ticket, which means access to a ticket is not guaranteed.
The options available to Bomber Squad members are as follows:
- If you attended 11-plus games in 2019, the club will provide you with a complimentary Grand Final Guarantee. This will give you access to the Bomber Squad bay and your ticket will be processed through the club, but you still need to pay for the ticket.
- If you did not attend 11-plus games, you can purchase a Grand Final Guarantee. This will give you access to the Bomber Squad bay and your ticket will be processed through the club, but you still need to pay for the ticket.
- You can enter the Priority 3 ballot. Your seat will not be in the Bomber Squad and you must register for a ticket through Ticketet. You cannot choose your seating category and you still need to pay for the ticket.
Code of conduct
By becoming a member of the Bomber Squad, you agree to abide by the Bomber Squad Code of Conduct.
The Bomber Squad committee has been established to:
- Act as the main point of contact between the Bomber Squad and the club
- Make decisions on behalf of the group
- Manage game-day operations and delegate roles, responsibilities and seating fairly
- Ensure the Members Code of Conduct is upheld
Committee members: Amy Broderick, Christopher Burke, Andrew Kern, Glenda Wade, Michael Walsh
The club will send important information to Bomber Squad members by email and will also use the Bomber Squad Facebook group to communicate with members. The Facebook group will be used by club staff and committee members to relay important information to the Bomber Squad. Only committee members and club staff will have access to post.