Essendon FC is committed to ensuring that high standards of corporate governance and risk management are maintained throughout the club.
Elements of the club’s governance framework include:
- An employee code of conduct and club values framework emphasising the importance of ethical and responsible decision-making and the promotion of safety and wellbeing;
- An executive structure aligned to strategic priorities with clear, single lines of accountability
- Enhanced risk management and policy and procedure frameworks, including clear delegations and strong medical, recruitment and procurement policies, procedures and practices;
- Regular and structured reporting to the Board across all key areas of the business;
- Annual staff training in safety, bullying, harassment and diversity;
- Clear job descriptions for all staff which include accountabilities for wellbeing, governance and compliance.
- Annual performance plans and reviews for all staff to drive a strong culture of accountability and feedback;
- A designated club integrity officer and other internal integrity reporting channels (including anonymous channels) that are promoted to staff and players, along with a whistleblower policy and procedure;
- An audit, risk and integrity committee with oversight of integrity and risk and the inclusion of player, medical, football staff and AFL representatives; and
- Monitoring of attitudes to governance, risk and compliance through staff surveys.