Essendon FC’s bequest society, Bombers Forever, is a social group of dedicated supporters who have made a bequest to the club or have left a bequest to the club in their will.
Why do we need a bequest society?
The Bombers are the most successful club in the competition and all of us want our club to remain that way long into the future.
But our ongoing success cannot be taken for granted.
The future is primarily about winning games but it is also about developing our club, our players and continuing our important role in the wider community. Bombers Forever members play a part in this.
How does it work?
By leaving a gift in your will, you are joining other passionate and generous supporters like yourself who are ensuring our club thrives for generations to come.
After making provisions for your family and friends we ask you to consider leaving a bequest to Essendon FC.
By this simple act, you become a member of Bombers Forever and contribute to Essendon’s successful future.
In addition to enjoying a special bond with other Bombers Forever members, you will also be a part of a welcoming social environment that enjoys experiences not available to other supporters.
Bombers Forever members receive:
- Invitations to attend three exclusive Bombers Forever functions each year featuring special guest speakers and appearances from current and past players.
- Members-only inner-sanctum experiences.
- A personalised Bombers Forever framed certificate signed by Essendon CEO Xavier Campbell and senior coach John Worsfold.
- An exclusive Bombers Forever gift box.
- Your name featured in club publications (or not if you prefer anonymity).
- A twice-yearly newsletter.
How will my bequest be used?
Your bequest will be invested in the Bombers Forever future fund that is managed by the club. Only profits earned from this fund can be spent. The future fund will remain untouched returning income to the club in perpetuity.
The profits from the fund will be used for:
- Capital projects at The Hangar.
- Resources for the development of our players and coaches.
- Programmes to improve the development of our players as role models and build their skills for life beyond football.
- Community programs.
Spending on all projects must be approved by the Essendon Board and your bequest cannot be used for general operating expenses.
Our commitment to you
If you decide to join Bombers Forever, it is our commitment that your bequest will be treated with respect and strict confidentiality. We also understand that some people may prefer to make their bequest anonymously and we will honour any request for this.
Peace of mind
Writing a will can give you peace of mind by ensuring that your wishes will be honoured, yet almost half of adult Australians do not have a will.
If you decide to leave a bequest or a portion of your estate to Essendon FC, now would be a good time to make a will or review your current will.
How to make a bequest
Making a bequest is very simple.
Once you have taken care of your family, friends and loved ones, your bequest to Essendon FC could be in the form of:
- A specific amount of money
- A percentage of the value of your estate
- The remainder of your estate after taking care of all your other beneficiaries
- Real property
Thank you for considering this invitation.
If you require more information or would like to discuss anything you’ve read here either on the phone or in person, please contact our bequest manager Gregor McCaskie on (03) 8340 2151 or email email@example.com.
Your bequest will make a difference.