In order to protect the image and reputation of Essendon FC, the constitution of the club entrusts the Board with the responsibility to establish a Members Code of Conduct.
The club is committed to maintaining a safe, enjoyable, inclusive and family-friendly environment in relation to all of its activities.
Accordingly, Essendon FC has adopted the following code of conduct for the benefit of its members, supporters and the wider AFL community.
In accordance with the constitution, members are bound by this code and if found to be in breach, may face disciplinary action (including cancellation of membership entitlements).
Members Code of Conduct
Consistent with the values of Essendon FC, all members are required:
- To conduct themselves towards the club and players in ways that are respectful to all, lawful and in the spirit of the game;
In relation to Essendon matches, social media channels and events (or when dealing with any club employees, players or officials) to refrain from:
- Engaging in or endorsing any form of threatening conduct, or vilification or abuse on the basis of race, gender, religion, disability or sexuality
- Any acts of violence, disruptive behaviour or use of offensive or abusive language or gestures;
- To comply with the terms of entry at any venue in relation to any club matches or other club activities; and
- To conduct themselves in a manner that does not damage (or have the potential to damage) the reputation of the club, its members or supporters.
Reporting offensive behaviour
Essendon FC encourages its members to report any anti-social behaviour through the following channels:
- Marvel Stadium - SMS the aisle, row and seat/s along with the behaviour witnessed to
0427 767 768.
- MCG - SMS the section, row and seat along with the behaviour witnessed to 0409 117 621.
- Club events - inform Essendon FC officials at the event.
- Social media – email email@example.com.