Essendon defender Tom Cutler has entered the AFL health and safety protocols from today.

Cutler is now ruled out of Sunday’s clash with Adelaide, along with senior coach Ben Rutten, who also entered the AFL health and safety protocols as a household contact earlier this week.

All players and football staff completed negative rapid antigen tests upon entering the NEC Hangar on Friday.

General manager of football Josh Mahoney said the club would continue to remain adaptable.

“Tom will remain in isolation for the required period of time before returning to our program,” Mahoney said.

“As we always have, we will continue to adjust to this landscape accordingly across our program and look forward to continuing our preparations for Sunday’s game with Adelaide.”

04:56 Mins
Published on

Rd 4 | Caracella media conference

Stand-in senior coach Blake Caracella speaks to the media at the NEC Hangar ahead of our round four match against Adelaide.

Published on

The Bombers will name the final selected 22 for round four at 5pm today.