Essendon has surpassed 50,000 members in record time as it launches into its 150-year anniversary with momentum.
The milestone, achieved on the back of an exciting 2021 season, puts the club in a strong position to break its all-time membership record of 85,348 in a landmark 2022.
CEO Xavier Campbell thanked the Bomber faithful for their mighty support.
“To reach the 50,000 milestone in record time is a reflection of the passion, pride and commitment of the red and black faithful who are on this exciting journey with us,” Campbell said.
“Our members have been the lifeblood of our club throughout the highs and lows of our 150-year history, and will shape our promising future.
“We look forward to celebrating a momentous year in 2022 with them.”
To don the sash and celebrate our 150-year anniversary with us, click here to view our membership packages or renew today.
Here are some quirky facts we love about our 50,000-plus 2022 members:
- 156 Baby Bombers just born and already on board
- 1841 members who have donned the sash for the very first time
- 298 members who have been with us for more than 50 consecutive years
- 15.5k members with their very own reserved seat who will be filling the ‘G and Marvel in 2022
- 593 members living in the heartland of Essendon
- 118 members from Ben Hobbs territory (Horsham), which is sure to grow
- 211 have the word ‘Bomber’ in their email address
- 30 Jobes (all born since 2006)
- 133 Kevins (all born before 1998)
- 33 ‘Black’ families and 43 families with ‘Red’ in their surname