One of the busiest times in the football calendar is almost here, with the AFL’s post-season player movement cycle just over a month away from beginning.
Fans will only have to wait six days following the Grand Final to see the initial stages of player movements, with the league’s week-long free agency period starting on October 30.
Joe Daniher is the Dons’ only restricted free agent heading into the period, while forwards Will Snelling, Jacob Townsend and defender Martin Gleeson are all unrestricted free agents.
The 2020 trade period will quickly follow free agency ahead of two list lodgement deadlines, before the AFL Draft is held on December 7.
Follow essendonfc.com.au or the club’s social media channels to follow coverage of the player movement period.
Key Player Movement Dates
- October 30-November 6: AFL Free Agency Period
- November 4-12: AFL Trade Period
- November 20: List Lodgement #1
- November 27: List Lodgement #2
- November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
- Mid-December: Final List Lodgement & TPP estimates